According to an article in the Salt Lake Daily Herald, the H & R Mine was located "...about 300 yards north-easterly..." from the Tycoon Mine. The H & R was showing
Galena, and was hoped to be a fine property. (1) It
is known that by late September 1873 the Tycoon and the H & R together were shipping 5 tons daily, with plans to do more.
Like the Tycoon and the Hampton mines, the H & R was owned by Houtz & Robinson. (2)
No images of this mine are known.
The exact location of this mine is not yet
(1) Salt Lake Daily Herald, Vol. IV - No. 66, August 28, 1873, p.3
(2) Salt Lake Daily Herald, Vol. IV - No. 94, September 28, 1873, p.3