|MERCUR VIEW looking SE c.1898
View of Mercur and the mines above looking SSE c.1898 - THRP Winegar Collection
At this time the entire area around the site of Mercur is closed to the public. Mining operations have ceased,
and reclaimation work is now under way. It is believed that it will be open to the public at some time in the future. When
that may happen is unknown.
is believed that the only relic from the early mining days will be the stone foundations of the old Golden Gate Mill.
(It was placed on the National Register of Historic Places many years ago.) What if anything else will remain is also unknown.
Looking East from Marion Hill, a portion of the town at bottom center,
Wonder Mine & East Golden Gate Mines in the distance. c.1898